UCT Health Sciences Faculty and Burns-Hoffman Consulting are delighted to announce the dates of the next course in: The Provision of Expert Opinion & Evidence as a Health Professional. The course will run from the 4th to the 8th of June 2018 at the Lung Institute on the UCT Medical School Campus.
The bizcommunity article published in early December 2017 specifically picked up on the unique type of training offered during this course:
‘ …. the course is unique in a number of ways, the most pertinent of which is the hands on, practical approach taken, with the specific intention of imparting skills – not attained by merely listening, but rather via interaction and role play.’
Valuable feedback provided by the participants of the November 2017 course has seen the inclusion of more time for the discussion of constitutional damages based on current constitutional matters related to health and injury; greater focus on certain aspects of contractual wording; more in-depth debate on medical negligence issues and the extension of the practical expert witness court training into a full day-and-a-half.
Some of the feedback received from the participants in the November 2017 course included the following comments:
- Appreciated interactive nature of lectures.
- Practical sessions add the most value.
- It’s a good condensed version/crash course in giving expert evidence.
- The business/tax/contract advice was also very relevant in running/working in practice.
- I thought Adv Jannie and Paul White were amazing.
- This was a fantastic course!
- Please keep us informed when a follow-up course will be presented so that we could refer more practitioners.
- Amazing basis for future cases.
Registration is via UCT at email@example.com